Defragment macOS Sierra 10.12 Hard Drive
Stellar Drive Defrag most helpful features are listed below
- Quick, Full and Metadata defragmentation support for macOS Sierra
- Software defrags macOS Sierra based external hard drives and encrypted drives
- Optimizes free hard drive spaces on macOS Sierra 10.12
- Option to create a bootable USB drive
- Apply color schemes for disk-block representation
- Also compatible with 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10 and 10.11
How to Defrag macOS Sierra 10.12 with Stellar Drive Defrag?
1) Create a bootable USB – Stellar Drive Defrag software defragments macOS Sierra startup disk by first creating a bootable dmg file ‘StellarBootImage.DMG’. Mount this DMG in the Disk Utility on macOS Sierra and burn the DMG file to an attached external hard drive using Restore >> Disk Utility.
2) Start Mac with Bootable USB – Restart macOS Sierra and press Option keyboard button to start Mac startup manager. Once the manager shows up, select the Bootable USB to start Mac in the bootable environment. Wait for a while so that Stellar Drive Defrag software loads itself into the boot settings.
3) Select macOS Sierra Startup Disk – Through the interface of the Stellar Drive Defrag software, select macOS Sierra startup disk drive from the ‘Volumes List’. You can also select a non startup disk partition though you need not require to defragment a non bootable volume through USB. It can be done in desktop mode itself.
4) Defrag Algorithms – Stellar Drive Defrag software possesses four exceptional algorithms that helps you defragment macOS Sierra startup disk drive. Those four algorithms are as follows (i) Quick Defrag (ii) Full Defrag (iii) Metadata Defrag (iv) Optimize. Select any of the defrag algorithm as per your operation.
5) Start Defragmentation – After having selected a defragmentation algorithm for your macOS Sierra startup disk, click the seated PLAY button to initiate the process of defragmentation on macOS Sierra volume. Let the process complete successfully.